Odette's pole dancing addiction began during a bachelorette weekend in 2010. She returned home, took her first class at Brass Ovaries, and couldn't move the next day! She quickly purchased a pole and began training almost every day, discovering it to be an exhilarating and liberating experience that also served as physical and mental therapy during difficult times. She attributes pole dancing to her transformation into the strong, confident woman she is today.
Odette competed in her first competition as a Miss Texas Pole Star Fitness Category Finalist in 2012. She has also won numerous awards as a doubles partner in Duo Et Cetera, including 2014 Miss Texas Pole Star Doubles Winner, 2014 United Pole Artists Video Challenge Doubles Winner, 2013 Capital of Texas Pole Championship Partners Pole 1st Runner Up, and 2013 Miss Texas Pole Star Doubles 1st Runner Up.
Odette is happiest when she is able to assist others in achieving their own pole goals. She began instructing in 2012 and holds certifications in XPERT Pole Fitness, Spin City Anatomy & Physiology Foundations, Spin City Stretch & Flexibility, Spin City Pole Fabric, TriggerPoint Foam Rolling, and Kinesiological Stretching Technique.
Odette is the Vice President of the United States Pole Sports Federation (USPSF), the national federation working to have Pole Sports recognized globally as a sport and eventually included in mainstream sports events and the Olympic Games. She is also a Pole Sports and Arts World Federation (POSA) / USPSF Certified Pole Sports Judge. Her involvement includes:
- Judge for the POSA Pole Sport World Championships (2018, 2021, and 2022)
- Head of the USA Delegation for the POSA Pole Art World Championships (2021 and 2022)
- Head Judge for the USPSF National Championships (2021 to 2023)
- Judge for the USPSF National Championships (2018 to 2020)
- Judge for the USPSF Texas Regional (2018)
- Judge for the US Pole Dance Federation (USPDF) Battle for Armageddon (2017)